Search this Blog & the WWW

Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

Hurom slow juicer from the Maybank Treats Fair in Mid Valley + recipe of making soya bean milk

Last Friday was the Maybank Treats Fair in Mid Valley. Traffic was horrendous but for those that persevere, the shopping experience was worth it.

I went and I saw a lot of stuff that I would like to get my hands on. However, my eyes was set on getting a slow juicer. Need to get something to make a healthy breakfast. Two of the best brands in the market is Hurom and Kuving, both from South Korea.

The pro- and con- for both:

Hurom:
  • Pro: Sold under AEON. Hence able to collect AEON points plus an additional coupons as well as cash voucher amounting to RM200
  • Pro: Get a beautiful ceramic knife plus a slushy maker
  • Con: Need to prepare the food first by cutting it in small chunks
Kuving
  • Pro: Whole fruits can go into the machine without needing to cut
  • Con: Gave a large dehydrator to make dry fruits.   

After talking to both sales persons, I've decided on the Hurom. Why? Because, it is still best to cut a fruit in small chunks. You never know, there could be worms in there and it is better safe then sorry. Moreover, the knife and AEON coupons and cash voucher is more value added to me.


After un-boxing it, I decided to juice my first recipe. An orange, a small apple and a guava. I was very surprised to get close to a paint of pure juice.


On Saturday, I did soya bean milk! It worked. This is my own recipe:
  • 1 part soya beans
  • 3 parts water
  • rock sugar
Soak the beans in water for a few hours or overnight. Rinse it. Then prepare 3 parts water. Start crushing. Pour the milk into a pan. Bring the heat up gently until it is simmering and put the rock sugar to your required level of sweetness. It is then ready.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails